Wednesday, May 12, 2010

28!

Holy crap! I'm 28!

I had my birthday last week on the 6th and it just occurred to me that I am indeed Twenty Eight Frickin Years Old! Weird.

I can't quite remember what I imagined, as a young kid, I would be doing or who I would "be" when I was 28, but I do remember thinking that 28 was OLD. I also thought that I would have a hairy chest. haha.

In reality, I don't feel old at all...and I only have a few manly chest hairs ;) In fact, I have never felt younger. I am absolutely ALIVE right now and I am growing and playing more than I could have ever imagined.

What IS a person supposed to feel like when they are 28?

I feel ambitious.
I feel fast.
I feel like I can do anything.
I feel happy.
I feel playful.
I feel like trying new things.
I feel like I am learning.
I feel like pushing myself.
I feel like I recognize the person in the mirror.

These are all great things. 28 appears to be pretty awesome.

One new thing that I have been trying since my birthday is to live by the quote, "be who you want to be starting today".

I sometimes struggle with motivation, self-confidence, getting along with myself and my thoughts and getting myself going. When I don't feel that sense of purpose and organization in a day then I feel like it's very easy for me to let those negative thoughts win the battle and destroy my day.

So, I have been trying to be super proactive and live each day being the person I want to become. That person is someone who get's things done, has a plan, always looks at the positive side, believes in their ideas, knows what they want, takes care of themselves (I'm talking physically (biceps curls?), mentally and emotionally), hops out of bed in the morning with energy and enthusiasm, reads good books, WRITES blogs, does what they say they are going to do, takes action, takes risks, tries new things, follows through, has an organized space, treats the people around them with kindness, listens really well, focuses on what 'is' rather than what 'isn't', trusts themselves, uses their time wisely, plays hard and can look back on each day knowing that they are proud of the way they lived it.

So, this morning at 6:45am my alarm went off. I didn't have anywhere I NEEDED to be, but I reminded myself that it's important to me to start being who I want to become...and so I sprang out of bed and started attacking my "I've been putting this off and it's renting space in my head and heart so I need to get it done" list. Feels good! (BTW, a Birthday blog and a CSHOF blog were on the list)

I have a feeling that 28 is going to be a Grrrrrrrrrrrreat age. I've started it off well and I just have to keep reminding myself that each day is an opportunity to become more of who I want to "be".

Happy Birfday to me!

Kyle

ps- When I blew out the candles on my cupcakes, I obviously wished for more chest hair! Fingers crossed.


1 comment:

Steph said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!