Friday, April 22, 2011

THE OL' BRACES CAME IN HANDY AFTER ALL...

THE OL' BRACES CAME IN HANDY AFTER ALL...

On numerous occasions my mom has asked if I still wanted to keep those giant braces from 2007 when I broke my legs. I kept saying yes. My parents have been storing them in a bin in their spare bedroom for 3 years and for some reason I just couldn't let them go. I recently found out why...

About a month ago, my friend Glenn took a spill on the ice and ended up doing some major damage to his legs. He essentially slipped, his legs went in the wrong direction and he tore both of his quads right off. Nasty! He has been in a care centre rehabilitating and he put something up on his facebook about having to pay $700 for leg braces. Say what?! I'd been there before and it doesn't feel nice to write that cheque!

I immediately went over to my parents, fished out those bulky contraptions that caused me so much grief (and growth) and took them over to Glenn to see if they would fit.

Guess what? After a few minor adjustments, they did!!! Hip Hip Hooray! It makes me so happy to know that they are going to help someone else on their road to recovery. Perhaps Glenn will be able to pay them forward as well…wouldn't that be awesome!

Congratulations on your progress to this point Glenn and keep having those small victories every day!

No comments: