Monday, October 17, 2011

5K for Gymnastics Canada

Yesterday, I ran the 5K at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront run in 21:31. My goal was to come in under 23 minutes so it was definitely mission accomplished!


I ran today in support of the next generation of Canadian Gymnastic stars. I believe in their potential, and I know that it is going to take funding to get them there.


Thanks to everyone who played a role in helping me raise close to $3000! And to those of you who would still like to donate, you're in luck! Donations are being accepted until mid-November. If you feel so inclined, my fundraising page is here. *Note: All donations over $25 receive a tax receipt which is always nice;)


I've got to admit, running a 5K is much different than running a Half Marathon. You have to access a different part of your body and mind. The longer the run, the more strategic you have to be in the your approach. You can't go out too fast or you are in for big trouble at the end. But when it comes to a 5K, you just have to give 'er. From start to finish, you have to grind the gears and push yourself to the max. Today's 5K made me feel physically strong and powerful and it felt great to cross the finish line in support of Canadian Gymnastics!

Annie and I ready to run!

Annie, myself and Helen 






No comments: