Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Busted Toe

I was helping Kristin move some furniture into one of her renovation projects when I dropped a very heavy drawer on my big toe. OUCH!!! It took every ounce of my self-control not to yell out a giant F word and scare the entire neighbourhood. I would honestly put the pain on the same scale as what I felt when I broke my legs. Toes are sensitive little nuggets and they are not meant to have heavy things slam down on them. Yuck. 

A couple of days after the incident, I spoke at an event in Kelowna and I took the stage in my sock feet because my toe was so swollen I couldn't even get my shoe on. Good thing I wear fun socks!

This has put a bit of a damper on my running rampage - I haven't been able to hit the pavement in a week now and I am starting to go crazy. Like, really really crazy! I lie in bed at night and my legs are shaking because they haven't been exercised. My mind races. I am super disorganized and I am losing all sense of my own focus zone. Hopefully this sucker heals fast so I can gain back my sanity soon…

You don't notice how much of an impact that running and exercise have on your ability to focus until you can't do them. I've got to figure out an alternative plan because I can't stand being inside my head for another second!!!!!




No comments: