Friday, January 11, 2008

Feeling Better

I have received a lot of concerned emails from family and friends since my last post. Messages of encouragement and support overflowed. All I can say is thank you. Thank you for caring. Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for trying to understand.

I guess what it all boils down to is that I had a really bad week last week. This is a very daunting task and as time goes by I feel more and more pressure to get healed fast and to get back into top form.


I have worked some things out this past week though. I have made some progress and I am starting to feel better, not amazing, but better. I have been trying to be positive and believe that great things will indeed happen.

I decided that I am not going to do myself any justice by being down. I want to be the best version of myself.

All I can do is to do everything that I can. I am doing that and I am trusting that it will be enough.

And you know what? At the end of it all, if it doesn't work out the way I want it to then I can look back and have absolutely no regrets. Although it would be incredible to stand on top of that podium again (and I think about that possibility often), I will forever be an Olympic Champion and I am defining myself more as a person now by my actions than I am defining myself as an athlete. I want to enjoy this next 7 months. I think I have a much better chance of being successful if I am content and enjoying the process!

Kyle

No comments: