Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Renovation

I am in the midst of a GIANT renovation and restyling of my new place. Before and after pics are to come, but here is the chaos that exists right now...


pastedGraphic.pdf



I did the second coat on the kitchen this morning. Looks good, right?!


We have to rip out the counter tops, mirrors and sinks (in the kitchen and both bathrooms) and then I believe we are ready to roll with the install of the *NEW* stuff!


The cabinets are being delivered tomorrow and then installed on Friday/Monday. Then comes the countertops, then the backsplash, then the new sinks and faucets, then mirrors and final couple of lights and then FINALLY the new appliances (Stainless steel and super awesome!)!


I am learning that patience is virtue when it comes to a renovation, but I am LOVING the process of seeing my house become a HOME and transform into something that really reflects me. I have also never felt as manly as I did on the day when I was unscrewing the existing cabinets and lifting them out without my shirt on *insert manly grunt here*.

I must say a big thank you to my love, Kristin, for her expert design abilities (she's a designer at Superior Cabinets) and hard work to get everything lined up. She is something special! Not only does she deal with my one-thousand thoughts a minute, she is also able to keep everything moving forward at a calm pace. Her family has also been the most incredible team of assistants. This project would have been impossible without them and their amazing generosity, kindness and help. No project has been too big or too small. I am very lucky!


I'll keep posting updates over the next couple of weeks so you can see the transformation unfold.


Happy Renovating,


Kyle

No comments: