Monday, July 05, 2010

I had the "Olympic" jitters today

I had a very important opportunity come about this morning. I am not at liberty to discuss what it was exactly, but let's just say that it was an audition for something that I've always thought would be a great fit for me.

I was nervous and I found myself experiencing the "Olympic" jitters. My heart was pitter pattering and I felt the adrenaline pumping in my veins. My hands were sweaty, I had a lump in my throat and my mouth got really dry. It was one of the first times that I felt that 'real' buzz since being a competitor.

You know when you leave an experience and you don't know if you rocked it or if you completely bombed? You start replaying the scene back in your head, wondering if you could or should have done something differently? I don't know how I fared exactly. I think I did pretty good. I hope I did. I think I came off as confident, witty, enthusiastic and genuine. Those were kinda my key words/characteristics that I was trying to evoke.

All I really know for sure is that when I left I just knew that this is something I want. I knew that this was important to me. I cared a lot about this one...and that was a huge boost of confidence. I am moving forward. One step at a time.

I'll keep you updated on how everything progresses...

Kyle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cirque du Soleil? ;)