Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Special Olympics Golf Tourney

Yesterday, I took part in the annual Special Olympics Calgary Golf Tournament. I have to say, this is one of my all-time favourites.

Special Olympic athletes make me smile. They are hilarious and always living in the moment. They are also so unapologetically authentic - a quality that I admire dearly. 


My golfing partner was Ashley. She had incredible precision with her swing and an inspiring go-getter attitude. My game was very off - I lost about 8 balls during the day. Even though I totally sucked, she kept on encouraging me with each and every shot. Hearing her cheers of "C'mon Kyle" made me feel like I was being supported no matter what. 

Ashley and I!

Ashley plays softball, golf, floor hockey and bowling and she has really enjoyed being involved in Special Olympics over the past year. Her favourite musical artist is Ke$ha and she also has a huge crush on Justin Bieber;) Ashley also thought that she was the boss of me, but I beg to differ…

If you ever have a chance to be involved in a Special Olympics event near you, I encourage you to do it! It will energize you, inspire you and leave you feeling changed for the better.

No comments: