Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Progress!

Good News...

One brace off, one to go!

I had a meeting with Dr.Mohtadi this morning and he said everything is progressing smoothly. I am now able to work up to full weight bearing on the right leg and I can feather weight bear on the left. I can't even begin to explain how relieved and hopeful this makes me. I needed this...more than I think I am willing to let on.

Being partially free feels amazing. I went into physio right after and was rippin' around, trying to do everything that I could that didn't hurt. Getting used to the crutches is going to be a fun task though. Chaffing is not a good thing.

It is incredible how uplifted my spirit is. I am already starting to plan how I am going to drive to gym. I think it will be a week or so still before I feel completely comfortable, but it's gonna be a great day when I can do my thing and get back into some sort of active routine. No more being lazy! Whoo Hoo. I am filled with optimism and ready to start this strengthening process!

There is one thing that kind of concerns me though. I can not for the life of me get my right leg fully straight. Maybe because it has been restricted from going straight for so long. It feels nasty when I go past a certain point. It feels like someone is pushing down as hard as they can on my knee cap and restricting those final degrees. Apparently this is very normal and can be overcome. I am not the biggest fan of this pain because it brings me right back to the day when I injured myself. It gives me that "hyper-extension" flashback. Barf. I don't ever want to do that again!


I can't wait to sleep tonight without the two braces clunking together!



Kyle

1 comment:

Dylan Glynn said...

I'm so happy to hear your recovery is coming along well. When I read about your injury I was devasted to hear you would not be able to compete at worlds. I've been checking your blog regularly over the past month and have really enjoyed what you've posted so please keep it up. On another note, I actually just finished a digital painting of you, it was a study i did from a picture of you at athens, if you get a chance its posted on my blog.

Get well soon!
-D Glynn