Thursday, September 13, 2007

Press Conference - Wednesday, September 12th, 2007

First, I must apologize for not posting in the past few weeks. I'm not going to make any excuses...although "I broke both of my legs" could be a really good one!



The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. There have been many highs and lows. Please check back often for some of that missing material.




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



We had a press conference yesterday at the U of C that was arranged by my agency, Agenda Sport Marketing, and the Canadian Sport Centre Calgary.

It was a hard day for me. Maybe because I have been trying to deal with all of this in my own little secluded world for the past few days and yesterday I finally had to face the true reality of the situation.

I am usually quite composed when speaking, but I was shaky and emotional yesterday. I was emotional because this is my life. This is going to affect me and everyone in my life for the next few months. This has the potential to affect my dream. This has already been a huge challenge.



I am trying to be positive though. I honestly believe that I will be back fast and I will come back stronger. This is going to push me to my absolute limit, but I am going to gain character because of it.



I will be in Beijing. I'm gonna be there!

I kind of feel like I have been in a dream world for the past few weeks, just waiting to wake up and be able to walk and go to the gym. Today I feel more alive...more clear that my mission for the next year is going to be tougher than I thought. I am ready to fight though...I am so ready!



This is an article that came out today after the PC. I thought that I would link it.

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=1372bd5e-8ed3-41ec-bdbb-e96130c43e84&k=2189




More to come...


Cheers (well, maybe in a few weeks when I am off the pain killers!),

Kyle

1 comment:

S Keys Gawl said...

Kyle,
You continue to Amaze me!
As a 19 year old traithlete I had massive reconstructive surgry on my intestines. I lost my entire large intestine, appendix and rectum. I was told I will never be able to endure and Ironman. I laughed at the doctor and siad "HA HA, I'll sent you my finishing photo. And I did.
Keep Fighting Kyle! Lots of people you dont even know are supporting you!

Supporting Kyle,

Sony Gawley