Friday, September 21, 2007

White Palms - Move Over Heath Ledger!

In one review of White Palms, I was referred to as a "Heath Ledger look-alike".

Judge for yourself:








Haha. I think that's hilarious.



White Palms was officially released on DVD last week.


The movie has actually been getting pretty decent reviews, although the acting has been criticized a bit...I wonder why? Maybe because half of the actors are actually gymnasts!

I won't let it hurt my ego! I'm still gonna be a movie star one day!

Yeah right.

I'm happy that I participated in this movie though. Uldi was a huge help to me and I am glad that I was able to help him and his brother make their dream a reality.

One thing that has made me a little mad is when it is referred to as a "true" story. I assure you, it's not! It is loosely based on real events, like the fact that Uldi was abused by his coach, he came to coach in Canada and he ended up as a performer in Cirques "KA" show, but otherwise it is purely fiction.

Uldi played a very important role in my gymnastics career and he is still a very close friend. Last I heard from him, he was in Belgium working on another film. I think he caught the acting bug...

We are going to try and organize a viewing of White Palms in Calgary sometime soon. Check out the DVD as well if you get a chance.

Have a good one!

Kyle

2 comments:

S Keys Gawl said...

Thats a nice story.

Valentin Uzunov said...

Hi Kyle

Wow my first post on your blog..Anywys i loved White Palms. After watching it i made up my mind to go to the USA (from NZ) and get some extra gymnastics coaching experience. It was well worth it, and i plan to keep that motivation rolling into other such adventures..

Nice acting as well Kyle. real natural. I can see the resemblance between you and Heath...saddly i guess not its only you.

Valentin Uzunov
Creator of The Gym Press
www.thegympress.net