Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Training Camp

Yesterday was a mock meet for the guys participating in the training camp I'm at in Tawatinaw. 


Here are a couple of videos of Jackson Payne and Nathan Gafuik on highbar:








I've got to admit, it's a little weird being here. Awesome, but weird. It feels like so long ago that training was my main gig. Things seemed so complicated at the time, but in reality they were so simple. Wake up, eat, train, eat, nap, train, eat, sleep, repeat. 


I keep trying to remember what the environment and atmosphere were like back in my day. How did I bring intensity to training. Where did my motivation come from? What was the driving force behind my commitment to excellence? 


Things feel a little different being on the other side. Sometimes I feel totally useless because I'm not able to step on to the floor and lead by example. I'm trying to be positive and encouraging, but actions speak louder than words. I keep asking myself, have things changed or is everything still the same and I'm the one who's changed? 


Something feels missing - I'm not too sure what it is. Perhaps it's the fact that I am so used to feeling an intense sense of purpose at camp. Now though, I feel like I have no control. The thing is, you can be as encouraging and positive as you'd like but that doesn't mean anyone has to listen to you.


I hope they are listening. 

No comments: