Friday, June 24, 2011

Canada's Sports Hall of Fame - Preview Night

Last night was the preview of the new Canada's Sports Hall of Fame. I went to the event with Kristin and we had a blast catching up with old friends and making some new ones.

I also got to sneak a peek of my exhibit - those are my shoes and singlet from Athens! I really love the determination on my face as I'm holding on to my final landing as well - that was a 'do or die' moment! 

The Hall will be officially opening on July 1st and it is located at Canada Olympic Park in Calgary. The building is absolutely stunning and huge credit goes out to the entire team who dedicated so much of themselves to meet their ambitious opening date.

I couldn't stay for too long last night as I had another event to go to, but I am going to dedicate an entire day to exploring the hall in its entirety sometime very soon!

Still really weird to think that I am a Hall of Famer ;)

Kyle

ps- Being the perfectionist that I am, I wish I would have squeezed my legs together just a little bit tighter on my twist in that picture!

No comments: