Friday, June 24, 2011

Right To Play Red Ball Golf Classic - June 23rd

Yesterday, on June 23rd, I played in the 4th Annual Red Ball Golf Classic in support of Right To Play

I emceed the morning introductions which was really fun…and I even raised $45 cash for RTP by doing a backflip! Thanks to the generous donors who helped start the day off right ;)

I played on a really fun team comprised of Gail, Ed and Sue who were representing Banff International Hotel and Ricky's All Day Grill

I had to leave half way through the day in order to get to a Hall Of Fame event, but there was plenty of laughter had in the first 9 holes. At one point, Sue and Gail were going full speed backwards down a hill in their golf cart - and Sue's biggest concern was making sure her Malbec didn't spill! It was hilarious.  

Although I'm not a golfer (AT ALL), I have been having a great time on the course this year. Yesterday, I had a couple of stellar shots that will keep me coming back for more. Funny how that works ;) My right slice is nasty though - anyone have some tips?

Thanks to everyone who was a part of the event and especially to my friend Beckie Scott for creating one of the best tournaments I have had the pleasure of playing in.

From left: Sue, Ed, myself and Gail


No comments: