Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Solstice

Yesterday, June 21st, marked the beginning of summer. Smile.


The weather has been a little sketchy in Calgary and the rain has been slightly depressing. I try not to be a seasonally affected person, but after a prolonged episode of torrential down pour, I tend to lose a little pep in my step.


As of yesterday, the city now has sun and warmth and it's almost as if possibilities are blossoming. The sun is inspiring, invigorating and inviting. It makes you feel alive and it makes you want to do great things! 


My summer goals -


1. I will to practice yoga minimum 4 times a week.
2. I will write my book minimum 2 hours per day.
3. I will rebrand my website.
4. I will help the Canadian men's gymnastics team improve their execution/style and enhance their mental game in the lead up to World Championships so they feel total confidence in their ability to qualify to the London Olympics.
5. I will create 5 new speaking opportunities for the fall through networking and promotion.
6. I will create 2 new clients for my performance coaching through networking and connections.
7. I will co-facilitate 2 Super Hero Strategy workshops. I will also co-create 2 more Super Hero Strategy workshop opportunities for the fall.
8. I will sign up for a new course - still investigating options. To be decided by July 10th.
9. I will go camping once.
10. I will go to the mountains for 3 hikes - minimum.


Wow - there's a lot of stuff I want to accomplish. But that's what summer does; it makes me feel invincible! If I put my mind to something when the sun is shining down, I will find a way to make it happen. 


So, what are your goals for the summer? How does your perspective change when the calendar switches over to the season of sun?

No comments: